Replacement and putting into operation of billet transport and auxiliary systems master controller for a two-high stand section of mill 1000. The start-up and adjustment works in long product rolling shop No.1 were finished. The obsolete control system Simatic S5-150А/К was substituted for an up-to-date most advanced system Simatic S7-1500. The project provides for replacement of equipment in the following cabinets:
- +CT43B — magnetic valve control;
- +CT43D — CPU and distributed peripheral 24V, 48V;
- +CT43F — distributed peripheral 24V, 48V;
- +CT44B — distributed peripheral 24V, 48V;
- +CT44D — distributed peripheral 24V, 48V;
- +CT45B — distributed peripheral 220V;
In order to shorten the time spent on installation activities the new equipment was preliminarily installed on mounting panels in such a way that the external cable connections for «old» panels were similar to external cable connections for the newly mounted ones. Owing to such decision it took two days to dismantle the old panels and install the new ones.
The start-up and adjustment works (together with dismantling of old panels and installing of the new ones) were executed within five days.